Tempo have started their LED home lighting mission in order to help customers save electricity in their home and ultimately save as much energy as possible with LED lighting.
Regular non- efficient home lighting such as halogen lights use up to 90% more electricity than a regular GU10 LED light, so it easy to imagine how much money you can save by switching your lighting. LED home lights also last up to 12 years and do not require any special fittings, meaning they can be changed in the flick of a switch!
LED home lighting is most definitely going to be the future of energy efficiency, and with the banning of incandescent light bulbs in the UK and the expectant fade out of halogen lighting due to high energy usage, there is even more reason to think hard about the future of home lighting (Telegraph, 2014).
Below we have created a list of 20 tips you should know about LED home lights.
1) They are hugely energy efficient – LED home lights use up to 90% less electricity than regular halogen home lighting.
2) Long lamp life – LED home lights can last up to 12 years or last for approximately 25000-50000 hours of operation – which is a LOT!
3) Saving money – You could save up to £412 on electricity bill prices a year by switching to LED lighting
4) Short payback time – You could pay back your LED lighting in your home in just 6-9 months with the money you could save on your electricity bills.
5) Instant lighting – LED lights can now brighten immediately, with no gradual or timely lighting to full brightness.
6) Environmentally friendly- LED home lighting contributes to huge reductions in co2 emissions from your home.
7) Direct replacement – There are no need to special fittings with new led home lighting, meaning they are very simple to switch over.
8) Available in dimmable form – LED home lights can be adapted in your home to dimmable form, so you can choose how bright you want them to be at any time, dependant on the mood.
9) Variety of shading options – Cool light, warm light and day light shades are available for you to choose the best and most appropriate shading for your home.
10) Free of harmful chemicals – LED lights contain no mercury and are 100% recyclable.
11) Extremely durable – Tempo LED lights are more resistant to shock, vibrations and impacts and are operational in both hot and cold temperatures.
12) New lumen rating to compare Wattage- New lumen ratings on websites now compare lumens with wattage making it even easier for you to switch and find the right bulbs for yourselves. This should be available on packaging or websites.
13) No heat build up – LED home lights build up minimal heat; therefore don’t get too hot when switched on.
14) Insects not attracted – UV free LED lighting means that less insects get attracted to the light given off.
15) Wide beam angles –LED lights are available in different beam angles, meaning you can choose the most appropriate for the theme in your home.
16) No harm to your eyes- There is no high-powered discharge that can have a detrimental effect on your eyes.
17) Improved visibility – LED home lights can be brighter so that you have improved visibility in places in which you would prefer. Furthermore, LED lights have significantly less chance of fading compared to normal halogen home lights.
18) Easy to un-install – Because LED lighting does not heat up as much as usual halogen lights and do not require special fittings, they are easy to take out and replace (Not that you would need to in up to 12 years!).
19) Can be used both indoors and outdoors – LEDs can be installed and utilised both inside and outside of your home with no affect on lighting quality
20) You can build your own light saber – and who on earth wouldn’t want to do that??!
There you have it; 20 things you should know about LED home Lighting. Now that you have all the facts, you know switching is technically a no brainer. LED lighting has evolved over the past few years more than is imaginable, and will only continue to do so in the future.
For more information on LED lighting or to start planning a LED lighting switch in your home, all you need to do is give us a call on 0800 152 2011 and we will be happy to talk you through the best options for you.Back to blog
To Andy and staff, Many thanks for all your help today, in my emergency.” Andy and the team were able to quickly respond to a boiler repair emergency in Prestatyn.Read case study
We are over the moon with the boiler install and the work that has been completed at the property. I was very happy with how professional and tidy they were and can’t thank them enough for everything they have done.Read case study
Really pleased with today. The guys worked so hard and were extremely professional. Thank you so much. We will certainly recommend you whenever possible. We’ve already told number 7 how good they were !!!Read case study