As you all may know, The Greendeal Home Improvement Fund is back in full force and although funding is now fully allocated to those households who require solid wall insulation – there are still many opportunities available to apply via the GDHIF to make alternative energy efficient improvements in your home (1).
These opportunities include:
• Receiving up to £1000 for installing 2 measures from an approved list (see below for full list).
• Receiving up to £100 for a green deal assessment if the recommended measures are applied for – baring in mind the usual charge from Tempo for a GDA is £100 including VAT *
• The ability to claim up to £500 more if you are applying for any measures within 12 months of buying a new home.
*This offer is providing the measures installed are by Tempo and not through another company after a green deal assessment through Tempo.
So which 2 measures can I apply for and claim up to £1000 back from I hear you ask?
The list below notes the measures that are available for a claim back off the GDHIF- please note these measure can only be carried out if recommended on your Green deal Assessment or EPC.
• a condensing gas boiler on mains gas
• double or triple glazing as a replacement for single glazing
• secondary glazing
• energy efficient replacement external doors
• cavity wall insulation
• floor insulation
• flat-roof insulation
• insulation for a room in the roof
• a replacement warm air unit
• fan-assisted storage heaters
• a waste water heat recovery system
All of the measures listed above are available through Tempo – proud Green Deal Certified Installers.
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund is available to anyone with a property in England or Wales who have a Greendeal Advice Report or an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) less than 2 years old.
The application is also available to tenants or people in social or private rented housing with permission from a landlord. Additionally landlords can also apply, providing they have not received more than £160,000 of de minimis funding in the last 3 financial years.
Sadly, you will not be eligible for Green Deal Home Improvement Funding if you are a managing agent applying on behalf of clients, or if you have already applied for other home improvement schemes such as ECO (Energy Company Obligation), Greendeal Cashback or the previous Green Deal Home Improvement Funding.
Basically, money can be claimed back for eligible energy efficient measures installed in your home. To do this all you need to do is follow the 5 simple steps below.
(1) Apply for an EPC survey or Greendeal Assessment on your property (this can be done by calling us a Tempo on 0800 152 2011)
(2) Apply for a home improvement fund voucher before the work commences (additionally this can be done by following the link provided https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-improvement-fund )
(3) Get the work done on your property
(4) When the work is complete, ask the Greendeal provider (ie Tempo) to fill out the rest of your voucher
(5) Follow the instructions provided on your voucher to make your claim before the expiry date
You can submit your completed voucher from the 12th January 2015 and the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund Administrator will then email and keep you informed of when your claim will be paid.
If you are unsuccessful in your application or cannot apply right away- do not worry, as details of additional funding will be announced quarterly – the next announcement being circa February 2015.
For any more information on the Greendeal Home Improvement Fund or more details on how to apply – please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0800 152 2011 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
(2) https://www.gov.uk/green-deal-energy-saving-measures/get-money-back-from-the-green-deal-home-improvement-fundBack to blog
To Andy and staff, Many thanks for all your help today, in my emergency.” Andy and the team were able to quickly respond to a boiler repair emergency in Prestatyn.Read case study
We are over the moon with the boiler install and the work that has been completed at the property. I was very happy with how professional and tidy they were and can’t thank them enough for everything they have done.Read case study
Really pleased with today. The guys worked so hard and were extremely professional. Thank you so much. We will certainly recommend you whenever possible. We’ve already told number 7 how good they were !!!Read case study